Light Section Drill Screw - 105mm
105mm long, Carbon steel, sheet to cold rolled steel purlin self drilling screw with 19mm bonded washer. - Sold in Bags of 100no - (CODE: FD1LS105W19)
Widely used when installing box profile steel sheets to light gauge purlins or sheeting rails. Designed to be fixed through the valley (low part) of the cladding profile. The self tapping screw will drill it's own hole through up to 0.7mm thick steel sheeting and then into steel supports up to 2.5mm thick - No need to pre-drill.
The 19mm bonded galvanised washer gives a watertight fixing point through the valley and ensures the strongest possible fastening to the Zed or Cee section supports beneath. (Fixing through the crown of the sheet should be avoided where possible as this can often cause the crown to dent if over tightened, it can also allow for more movement at the fixing point.)
- 105mm long x 5.5mm diameter self tapping screw with course thread for firm hold into steel
- Ideal for fixing 80mm insulated panel to zed or cee section purlins up to 2.5mm thick
- High Thread detail incorporates a course thread just under the head that is larger diameter to the rest of the screw. This extra thread stitches the top sheet under the washer of the fastener and gives resistance to the sheet pulling away from the washer.
- 8mm (5/16) hex head. 8mm magnetic drill socket also available
- Comes complete with 19mm diameter bonded galvanised washer. 19mm colour screw caps to suit also available
For fixing box profile roof lights you will require a 29mm washer and 29mm screw cap
When using drillscrews to fix corrugated profile sheets you would need to fix through the crown of the corrugation and use in conjunction with a M8 Seala washer and Deep Cover Seala Cap.