Merlin Grey Molded Head Light Section Drill Screw - 115mm
115mm long, Merlin Grey Molded Head, Carbon steel, sheet to cold rolled steel purlin self drilling screw with 19mm bonded washer. - Sold in Bags of 100no - (CODE: FD1FXLS11518B25)
To suit Merlin Grey (BS 18B25) box profile roofing and cladding sheets. Colour coded molded nylon head eliminating the need for separate push on fixing caps.
Widely used when installing box profile steel sheets to light gauge purlins or sheeting rails. Designed to be fixed through the valley (low part) of the box profile roofing or cladding sheets. The self tapping screw will drill it's own hole through up to 0.7mm thick steel sheeting and then into steel supports up to 2.5mm thick - No need to pre-drill.
The 19mm bonded galvanised washer gives a watertight fixing point through the valley and ensures the strongest possible fastening to the Zed or Cee section supports beneath. (Fixing through the crown of the sheet should be avoided where possible as this can often cause the crown to dent if over tightened, it can also allow for more movement at the fixing point.)
- 115mm long x 5.5mm diameter self tapping screw with course thread for firm hold into steel
- Ideal for fixing 80mm insulated panel to zed or cee section purlins up to 2.5mm thick
- High Thread detail incorporates a course thread just under the head that is larger diameter to the rest of the screw. This extra thread stitches the top sheet under the washer of the fastener and gives resistance to the sheet pulling away from the washer.
- BI Hex Colour coded molded head so no need for separate colour caps. Bi-Hex socket available here
- Comes complete with 19mm diameter bonded galvanised washer.