Ruffnex Drill Screw - 82mm
82mm long, Carbon Steel, sheet to concrete or brickwork screw with 19mm bonded washer. - Sold in Bags of 100no - (CODE: FD1RX82W19)
Otherwise known as tapcons, these screws are widely used when installing single skin box profile steel sheets directly to brickwork, blockwork or concrete. Designed to be fixed through the valley (low part) of the cladding profile. The self tapping screw will drill it's own hole through up to 0.7mm thick steel sheeting and then cut its own thread into masonry - No need for plugs.
The 19mm bonded galvanised washer gives a watertight fixing point through the valley and ensures the strongest possible fastening to the masonry beneath. (Fixing through the crown of the sheet should be avoided where possible as this can often cause the crown to dent if over tightened, it can also allow for more movement at the fixing point).
- 82mm long x 5.5mm diameter self tapping screw
- Ideal for fixing 40mm core insulated panel to concrete, block or brickwork
- Also for use to fix timber to concrete, block or brickwork
- High Thread detail incorporates a course thread just under the head that is larger diameter to the rest of the screw. This extra thread stitches the top sheet under the washer of the fastener and gives resistance to the sheet pulling away from the washer.
- 1 x masonry drill bit supplied with every pack for pilot holes when needed
- Blue climaseal finish
- 8mm (5/16) hex head. 8mm magnetic drill socket also available
- Comes complete with 19mm diameter bonded galvanised washer. 19mm colour screw caps to suit cladding colour also available
For fixing box profile roof lights to concrete you will require a 29mm washer and 29mm screw cap
When using drillscrews to fix corrugated profile sheets you would need to fix through the crown of the corrugation and use in conjunction with a M8 Seala washer and Deep Cover Seala Cap.